How To Apply/get-started/certification-process
- Check Eligibility Requirements: USPEC mandates you to meet certain educational and work experience requirements to become eligible. Before proceeding, check if you satisfy the minimum eligibility requirements for the CPEP™. It is recommended that you keep this information handy as it will be required while filling up your online application.
- Fill Online Application: Once you have satisfied the CPEP™ eligibility requirements, it is time to apply. Start the application process by creating your myUSPEC account. Once you have submitted the online application and made a successful payment of the fee, you will immediately receive an acknowledgement response email with instructions for the next step in the assessment process.
- Validation: An internal check is conducted to validate your credentials against the prescribed candidacy prerequisites for earning the CPEP™.
- USPEC Learning Resources: Post your payment confirmation, you will receive your unit of the learning resources containing reading and learning material at the address you have registered with us. Normal delivery timeframe is three to four weeks.
- Taking the USPEC Exam: USPEC earmarks a 120-day immersion period for CPEP™ registrants to help them orient completely and build their conceptual foundations in Private Equity. You can schedule your exam anytime after the 120-days immersion period is over. In fact, you also get an additional 245-days to plan for and take your exam.
- Award: If you qualify the exam and meet other conditions, you are awarded the CPEP™ Credential and the Digital Badge is immediately issued to you. You can expect the shipment of the physical credential pack to reach you within three to four weeks from the date of the credential- award.