CPEP™ elevates your knowledge and employer-appeal and brings you up to the same high level that top PE and VC firms expect. CPEP™ accelerates career growth of professionals already working in the private equity space. And better still, it prepares graduating finance, accounting and business students best for quick, impressive starts to their careers in this industry.
This is a one-time fee, which covers the USPEC exam, official exam-study handbooks, credential kit containing CPEP certificate and designation pin, and all material shipping costs. The CPEP™ program package fee does not include special local taxes, duties, and levies etc., which may be applicable in the receiver’s/ consignee’s/ applicant’s country.
1. This fee may change without notice and does not include the training fee charged by training companies, universities, or institutions who offer exam-preparation training for USPEC exams.
2. Independent content providers may offer additional online content and reading resources, which are not a part of the CPEP™ program package. Such content has no connection with USPEC, or with preparation for CPEP™ exam, and USPEC does not prescribe them as mandatory reading for any CPEP™ candidate. USPEC has no control on the fee charged by these independent providers, and is not responsible for their quality.
3. USPEC is a standards and credentialing body and is not responsible for training delivery, and neither controls, nor is concerned with any aspect of training/ education. USPEC does not govern, mandate, or control the training/ program fee charged for the CPEP™ Program by any training company or education provider.
The CPEP™ program efficiently tops-up your current qualification in business, finance, accounting or investment management for smoothing your entry and growth in the private equity and venture capital industry. Among the most esteemed global PE qualifications around, the CPEP™ charter ratifies and stamps best your potential and promise of handling even the most complex of roles and assignments in the private equity industry.
CPEP™ stands tall as an industry-focused qualification primarily because it has been insightfully developed after extensive research and consultations with dozens of experienced and accomplished PE experts from around the world, including chief investment officers, principal partners, fund managers and investment principals - the same people who eventually hire talents for their PE firms.
Indeed, comprehensive and insightful USPEC IFIS™ framework ensures CPEP™ certified professionals have been proven profession-ready because they have qualified the exam that covers the more advanced technical, managerial and decision aspects of private equity business and functions. The rigorous USPEC IFIS™ body of knowledge underlying the CPEP™ program governs and controls the exam content, policies and credentialing mechanism to ensure that individuals qualifying the CPEP™ program are indeed, most thorough in their knowledge and skills and are fit to hit the ground running for achieving extraordinary results for their organizations.
Latest handbooks, anywhere exam-taking facility, digital badge, printed certificate, lapel pin and shipping of all material - everything is included in the registration package of the CPEP™ program.
All participants of the CPEP™ program get study and exam-preparation kit containing the Mastering Private Equity Handbook and the Private Equity Casebook. These are the flagship learning and exam preparation resources containing exclusive content written for easy comprehension covering all dimensions of private equity knowledge and also for practicing applying important frameworks and concepts. No additional fee is charged for the learning resources from any participant.
The exam can be taken by participants anywhere they wish to – home or office – once they are ready for exams and registered on ExamStrong™ – the revolutionary remote-proctored online exam platform. Exam fee is included in the registration package, so no additional fee is to be paid.
Participants who qualify their exam get printed certificates shipped to them in a special box containing a lapel badge/ pin to be worn on a jacket or a shirt-top.
The first-time shipping of books, kits, certificates is covered under the program fee. Replacements, duplicates etc., will be shipped on charges as applicable, however.
1. In addition to the Official USPEC Handbooks, independent 3rd party content providers may offer participants access separately to online resources to help them learn the latest in the field. The 3rd party content is not part of the CPEP™ program package and is NOT prescribed as mandatory reading for CPEP™ certification exam. The 3rd-party content is not connected to CPEP™ exams. USPEC is neither responsible for the quality of any 3rd-party content, nor involved in its development or access. Candidates are free to choose if they want to study 3rd party content to expand their perspective, or avoid it. Registered candidates may email at email@example.com to know more.
2. The books, learning kit, certificates etc., shown here in the image are only for illustration, and their design, colors etc., may change without notice. The certificate and the designation pin are awarded only after the passing of the exam. 3rd-party additional content are NOT part of the standard CPEP™ program registration package.
Individuals already holding a Master's qualification or an MBA in Finance/ Accounting/ Financial Analysis or in any discipline related to capital markets, investment management, finance or accounting can apply for CPEP™. Individuals studying for a Master's or MBA in USPEC-affiliated or recognized institution/ university/ b-school can also apply for CPEP™. A basic understanding of the concepts of funding, banking, corporate finance, investments, capital markets, accounting, entrepreneurship, and business is desirable. The following are the most popular entry-tracks in CPEP™.
MBA/ Master’s in Finance with at least two years of work experience
A Bachelor’s qualification with a major in Finance with at least three years of work experience
Students of MBA/ Master’s (Finance) programs in business schools, institutions and universities recognized by USPEC
Currently working in any of the finance sub-functions with a bachelor's degree and an active credential by CFA, FRM, or any other global certification body recognized by USPEC
Business, environment and technology change faster today. Hence, your CPEP™ qualification requires refreshing every three years to stay in sync with the latest professional knowledge and practices in the Private Equity discipline. Your CPEP™ dashboard will have all information on what to read and the other steps you have to take to keep your knowledge and skills current and continue your qualification.
The CPEP™ is digitally badged by CredBadge, using its secure, proprietary badging technology.
The CPEP™ not only maximizes your profile visibility through social sharing, but it also adds distinction to your profile, being individually verifiable by a prospective employer or client.